Changes to expect during COVID-19 pandemic
As optometrists, we are health care providers. The health of you, our patients, our communities, and our staff is our primary concern.
- We will ask you and all staff a few health screening questions verbally, in writing, or by text message. If the answer is YES to any of the questions below, we will kindly ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- Have you been diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19 within the last month?
- Have you travelled within the last month?
- Are you currently experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- We will take a non-contact temperature of each patient/visitor as they enter.
- We will have each patient wash/sanitize their hands.
- Those who are flagged by screening will be kindly asked to reschedule.
- Appointment times will be 30 minutes apart per doctor.
- Please check into your appointment from your vehicle by texting or calling 863-293-0276.
- In order to minimize the amount of people in the office at once, ONLY the patient is allowed in the office – those under age 18 may be accompanied by their parent/guardian.
- Glasses and contact lenses can be picked up curb-side or can be shipped directly to you.
- Please respect social distancing.
- All patients and visitors, except those under the age of two (per the CDC), will be asked and required to wear a mask to their appointment.
- Staff will wear additional protective gear.
- Equipment will have additional guards as necessary to protect you and staff.
Cleaning and sterilizing
- All examination, lab equipment, and surfaces will be sanitized with CDC approved disinfectants immediately between patients.
- Bathrooms will be sanitized in between each user.
- Frames that are tried on will be sanitized before being displayed again.